The company was started in 1959 by John Hudson at Branton as an Albion Truck dealer and soon afterwards moved to the current Bawtry site. In the early days John would deliver new trucks personally and then hitch a lift back to Bawtry after the delivery. The company grew steadily and in the 1970’s became a Leyland Trucks distributor. After the merger with DAF in 1987 the company decided to concentrate on the sales and hire of trailers. Today the company directors are all family members and include John’s son Chris and his son John.